Economy Debate Speech
I have heard
of the troubles of this country, but I am not here to talk about all of them, I
am here to talk about the worst of our problems, the economy. If we fix this
problem life will become better not only for us, but the whole world.
I
have a dream that future generations will have a better economy than we have
now. One where they can afford to go to college. One where small businesses
thrive and jobs are open to everyone. One where families can have affordable
health care coverage. One where people don’t have to live on the streets. One
where there is no poverty. Will our efforts of becoming our own country be or
us to end this way?
The benefits from fixing our economy
are vast, from winning wars to helping other countries. The restoration of our
economy will lead to a higher budget which will help in researching solutions
to our problems. For example the demand of energy has increased, but not just
the demand for energy but the demand for a cleaner energy that will help
prevent global warming, taking care of another big problem that we face.
The consequences from not fixing this
problem will drastically affect not only us or other countries, but the whole
world. We are digging our own grave with this economic disaster! The earth is
at its limit on taking a beating from our pollution, other countries are
without enough money and food. We shall soon head in that direction of
downfall, where we will stay forever, unless we fix what we can today.
The main thing we should worry about
fixing is the economy. It is the fuel to our country’s actions like wood is the
fuel to a fire. We need money to help other countries, to help the world, and
most importantly to help ourselves. We must stand together in unity to fix this
problem so our future generations don’t know the word “homeless” or “poverty,”
but also so we can learn to not make the same mistakes in the future.
I will not stand by and watch as this
great nation is being brought to its knees by a struggling economy. I know
that we must do something to keep this great country thriving. If you are with
me… No! You must be with me so our friends, our family, and our future
generations won’t be affected by poverty or have to live on the streets because
they can’t afford to live in a house. We must remember what John Fitzgerald
Kennedy said, “Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for
your country,” because this is something we can do for our country. We must fix
this problem otherwise, (Pause for a second) this great nation shall fall to
pieces.
This is a great speech Mike! It really made me want to join you in your efforts to help our economy. I think that that is a big issue in our country, especially because a lot of people and families struggle with financial issues. I think that if we were able to rebuild our economy, the country would be much stronger and generous to its citizens. A really strong part of your speech was the part where you continued to say "One where...". This was strong because the repetition of those words made it very dramatic to read. I hope that one day soon The USA's economy will be much better.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Mike!
Really great speech! You truly moved the crowd when you presented it to the class. I hope that we have a better economy soon as well. We could all see that you truly felt strongly about the topic. Practicly all of your emotions filled up the room! Great job mike!
ReplyDeleteMike, this is a very powerful and well written speech. You had so many great points that could convince people to fight this issue with you. I would fight this issue with you for sure. I liked how you said "I will not stand by and watch as this great nation is being brought to its knees by a struggling economy." This quote is very powerful. You also presented this speech with power and confidence and I enjoyed it. Great job Mike!
ReplyDelete